Plumbing/Fire Protection Engineer
Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 07/20/16
We are seeking an experienced plumbing/fire protection engineer for our growing mechanical/plumbing/fire protection engineering team. This individual will be an integral part of our engineering design group, working alongside our engineering managers, architects, and project managers in performing technical design and specification.
The qualified individual should have at least 5 years of experience designing building plumbing and fire protection systems for new construction and renovation projects as a consultant to architects, developers and property owners.
- Minimum of 5 years experience designing building plumbing and fire protection systems in the A/E and construction industry
- Experience developing plumbing and fire protection system concepts, calculating water/gas/sanitary/sewer/storm loads for utility coordination, designing plumbing and fire protection systems for bid and construction, and writing specifications.
- Experience surveying and assessing existing buildings and associated plumbing and fire protection systems to document existing conditions.
- Experience in construction administration (submittals, RFIs, construction site observations and documentation).
- Solid working knowledge of building, plumbing and fire codes.
- LEED certified project experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Environmental Engineering is required.
- Pursuing a Professional Engineer (PE) License is highly desired.
- CPD certification is highly desired.
- LEED AP accreditation is a plus.
- Revit design experience is preferred.
If you are interested in employment with CSArch, please submit a cover letter, resume, work samples and your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail your application to:
Alexis Teixeira, Human Resources Manager
CSArch Architecture | Engineering | Construction Management
40 Beaver Street, Albany, New York 12207