Principal Software Engineer
Boston, MA - Posted on: Monday 09/12/16
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for defining the architectural build of web applications focused on creating software solutions using best practices that ensure the highest reliability, performance and user engagement for RBM Technologies leveraging Ruby-on-Rails and other open source technologies.
- Architect, design and develop quality software solutions using standard best practices
- Adhere to development standards and processes and work towards continuous improvement in this area
- Mentor and assist other developers in both technology and technique
- Provide unit and automated functional tests to ensure code quality
- Investigate new technologies, processes and techniques and be prepared to recommend them to the engineering team.
- Become a subject matter expert on RBM’s application software
- 7+ years experience architecting, designing and developing enterprise scale web applications using open source technologies
- Expert level knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Flash/Flex or node.js is a plus
- Exposure to mobile web, hybrid and/or native mobile application development a plus
- Experience using agile software development methodologies and key best practices.
- Expert level knowledge of Git and relevant unit test frameworks
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, information technology or related discipline preferred
- Clear understanding of computer science and software engineering concepts and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact with others in a professional manner
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment
- A good sense of humor and a passion for technology
RBM is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as RBM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org