- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Privacy and Data Security Analyst
Privacy and Data Security Analyst
New York, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 12/13/16
The New York State Office of the Attorney General ("OAG") seeks a full-time privacy and data security analyst within the Economic Justice Division for the Bureau of Internet and Technology located in New York City. The Bureau of Internet and Technology conducts investigations and commences civil litigation based upon consumer complaints and legal concerns regarding internet and technology-based issues. The selected candidate will assist the bureau’s attorneys in identifying matters warranting investigation as well as furthering those investigations and prosecutions. Entry-level, as well as experienced applicants, are encouraged to apply.
- Identifying and using tools to monitor data transmissions and analyze data streams;
- Examining source codes of websites and applications in multiple environments (including phones and tablets) to identify potential vulnerabilities and security flaws;
- Reviewing data breach notifications and assisting in investigations;
- Advising the Bureau on a wide range of internet and technology issues, e.g., privacy, computer security, and encryption standards;
- Compiling, summarizing, and succinctly presenting research on relevant entities and issues;
- Litigation support including drafting affidavits and letters; and
- Performing other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required but advanced degree preferred;
- Candidates with experience in any of the following areas preferred:
o Programming and web development tools, including JAVA, Python, PHP and Ruby;
o Online privacy and data security; and
o Social media research.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Highly organized, self-directed, and resourceful;
- Personable and positive, with a high level of integrity; and
- Interest in public policy and social/economic justice.
Applications are being received online. To apply, please click on this link: BIT_NYC_PDSA_6035; applicants will be taken to the online application page for this position.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
- Cover Letter (You may address to Sandra Jefferson Grannum, Esq., Bureau Chief, Legal Recruitment);
- Transcript if fewer than five (5) years post-graduate
- Writing Sample; and
- List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment Bureau via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information on our Office, please visit our website: www.ag.ny.gov.