Process Sciences Associate (Cell Culture)
Rensselaer, NY - Posted on: Thursday 08/25/16
Requisition Number: 7562BR
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including oncology, rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, atopic dermatitis, pain, and infectious diseases.
Summary: Supports the Manufacturing and Process Sciences Departments through the laboratory optimization, troubleshooting and validation of manufacturing bioprocesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Conducts scaled-down production procedures to improve the efficiency and yield of candidate or existing bioprocesses.
• Carries out small-scale process validation studies.
• Assists in the analysis of samples generated from lab scale studies.
• Develops and writes protocols for small-scale process validation studies.
• Tabulates results and writes summary reports of process evaluation and validation studies.
• Performs cGMP cell banking.
• Presents findings at group and possibly at interdepartmental meetings.
• Maintains lab supplies and equipment.
• Produces and maintains accurate records.
Education and Experience:
• Requires BS/BA in life sciences/engineering or related field; Biomedical engineering, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry preferred. May consider another degree discipline with relevant experience; cGMP experience is desirable.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply directly to careers.regeneron.com and search the requisition # 7562BR.