Boston, MA - Posted on: Tuesday 05/24/16
HourlyNerd is a marketplace that connects businesses to MBA alumni and students for short-term business consulting. We're disrupting the 100-year old consulting industry and going after two massive markets -- SMBs and major enterprises. There are 28 million SMBs in the US alone, and all have the same problem -- they can't afford expensive consulting firms and don't know how to find high-quality freelance help. We're providing them access to the same people who work at McKinsey at a small fraction of the price. Major enterprises, including GE, Coca Cola, Burger King, and American Apparel, are already using HourlyNerd. The consulting industry in the US is over $17 billion, and these companies know that McKinsey, Bain and BCG are overcharging. HourlyNerd is the first service that provides them a fairly priced alternative.
Our investors include Highland Capital and Greylock partners, GE Ventures, as well as famed investor Mark Cuban. We're on a mission to build the absolute best team on the east coast, and are looking for talented, scrappy, fun, and competitive folks to get on board.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, motivated and intellectually curious person to lead our efforts serving enterprise customers. This is the fastest growing segment of our business and an area that is currently receiving a disproportionate amount of investment. Candidates for the Product Manager role will be driven, highly organized, detail oriented, and resourceful.
- Owning a pillar of our product strategy and defining our vision and roadmap of investments in that area of the business.
- Spec’ing out and owning requirements development as well as testing for individual features.
- Owning the analysis of features and refining future features based on that analysis.
- Collaborating closely with designers, engineers, and our sales team to ensure maximum effectiveness of your roadmap.
- 2-6 years experience in product management.
- Strong problem solving, analytical (modeling, statistical analysis) and decision making skills. Ability to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective actions plans to resolve issues.
- Strong ability to communicate with customers and creatively design features based on those conversations.
- Solid knowledge of UI and UX best practices and an understanding of current competitive trends within relevant industries.
- Self-motivated, execution-oriented, and willing to roll up one’s sleeves to tackle opportunities head-on.
Huge bonus points if you:
- Are an experienced lead guitarist
- Willing to perform at company events
- Not super picky about song choices for gigs
- Have access to an automobile to drive to practice
- Like to play in major keys during extended guitar solos