|Job Description Summary
The Program Manager partners with the Associate Director coordinating student and employer participation in experiential learning opportunities including: Undergraduate Management Consulting Field Experience (MCFE) Program, Career Exploration Lab, internships, intern sponsorship, externships, and other career education and internship programs. Assists with the planning and delivery of UG field based curricula. Works closely with the Associate Director and CCD colleagues to grow all programs associated with student experiential learning as it relates to externships, internships, and mentoring opportunities.
• Manages the operational aspects of the Undergraduate MCFE Program including soliciting and managing student demand, information sessions, team formation, creating deliverable schedules and program materials, and facilitating program related events. Designs and manages MCFE project catalog and client documentation.
• Manages student enrollment in the Career Exploration Lab. Fields and responds to student and employer questions about receiving credit for an internship. Corresponds with enrolled students to ensure successful course completion. Reviews and grades submitted assignments. Partners with additional departments as needed for program delivery.
• Oversees the student application and marketing of the Intern Sponsorship Award. Facilitates and participates in the review of all applications and makes recommendations for awards. Notifies students of award decisions and oversees students’ successful completion of award requirements, including reviewing recipients’ bi-weekly blogs.
• Leads the externship program, a job-shadow program that takes place throughout the academic year. Responsible for all aspects of the program including soliciting students and employers, matching students with employers and notifying them of the match, sourcing externships, marketing the opportunities, collecting applications, and conducting all training for students and hosts.
• Runs student orientation sessions for all Experiential Programs, including the Intern Sponsorship and Externship Programs.
• Tracks student/employer satisfaction through surveys. Evaluates programs, systems, and processes, and recommends opportunities for improvement. Implements key initiatives to add value to employers, students, and alumni. With Associate Director, pulls data and creates reports for bi-annual team retreats.
• Develops business relationships that increase experiential education opportunities for Babson students through internships, externships or career treks.
• Advises employers on experiential education and internship program matters including creating/running an internship program, recruiting and hiring interns, providing internship guidelines for each site, and proactively engaging employers to educate them on best practices for delivering top-notch internship experiences, including legality of unpaid internships.
• Organizes local and national experiential career treks for students to explore potential career fields and network with industry professionals.
• Provides individual and group student advising for students seeking internship experiences. Conducts training and mock interviews for students, critiques marketing materials, develops, provides, and maintains internship guidelines, creates effective educational programs and tools for domestic and international internship searches, and follows up with students and employers throughout the internship to ensure students get the most from the experience.
• With Associate Director for Experiential Learning, builds partnerships and internship opportunities locally, state-wide, nationally, and internationally for students. Consults with employers regarding optimal marketing.
• Acts as liaison between internship sites and students. Oversees and monitors students’ performances at internship sites and mediates any issues and/or challenges that may arise between students and internship sites. Assesses students’ and employers’ experiences and performance.
• Supports the Career Education team in developing and delivering programming for foundation students to help them determine career interests and to better prepare for internships and other experiential programs and opportunities.
• Works closely with the UG CCD team (not just advising), Academic Services, and the Graduate School experiential programs to collaborate on and promote experiential education initiatives and internship opportunities on behalf of CCD.
• Assists Employer Relations team at Career Expos and other assigned employer/recruiting events when needed.
• Represents CCD at college functions as appropriate.
• Develops print and online reports and written resources, such as “support of internship” letters, intern agreements, guides, and web site content.
• Assists with maintenance of technology and social media resources.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.