Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 07/11/16
The School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) has launched eighteen degrees: ten bachelor's degrees open to students with 24 or more college credits who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and eight master's degrees, with more programs currently in development. CUNY SPS leads the University in developing and operating online degree programs, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS is also the home of the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
In addition to offering degree programs, CUNY SPS partners with numerous New York City and New York State agencies to develop and deliver custom learning programs. One such partner is the New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) which provides family support, juvenile justice, child care and child welfare services that promote the safety and well-being of children and adults. Through its Bureau of Training and Development (BTD), OCFS also delivers classroom-based and online training to thousands of its employees statewide, as well as develops and maintains training systems that support registration, tracking, reporting, assessment, evaluation, and related functions.
This position is physically located on-site at the NYS Office of Children and Family Services in Albany-Rensselaer, New York.
Reporting to the Systems Manager, the Programmer/Analyst will provide training, data analysis, ad hoc reporting, and technical expertise to meet OCFS HR and Training needs. Specifically, s/he will:
- Provide training and training support for the management, maintenance, and administration of HR systems (both off-the-shelf and proprietary in-house applications).
- Gather and join data from various systems and perform required analysis utilizing SQL, Excel and Access.
- Train staff in the development of various ad hoc reports.
- Provide training support with software and hardware issues.
- Document and record all CRM system issues and resolutions.
- Provide training support for custom report design and programming, utilizing various tools, such as Cognos, Excel and Access.
- Identify training issues for HR staff utilizing the Request to Fill (RTF) system.
- Assist OCFS/HR staff with the use of computer applications, such as TRS, NYSTEP, RTF, Sharepoint and MS Office products.
- Perform routine HR updates to the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS).
- Maintain the HR office Intranet website.
- Provide training support for approximately 60 staff members throughout the HR program areas on applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Outlook, MS Office and HCM.
- Prepare and submit reports and paperwork in a timely fashion in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
May include variable hours and travel in NYS.
Requirements for the Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Information Systems (HRIS), or a related field plus three (3) years relevant experience; or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in SQL, MS Excel and MS Access (including: SQL queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, etc.; solid experience with VBA for Excel and solid experience with VBA for Access/SQL Data Analyst to work with large amounts of data to meet a variety of reporting needs within the organization; must be experienced with Excel -- verifiable experience doing v-Lookups, pivot tables, macros, formulas, VBA troubleshooting/bug fixes; and must be experienced with Access -- make modifications, add/delete tables, add details, and make form changes).
- Must have a working knowledge of HTML and CSS (a knowledge of coding standards in HTML and CSS is required; applicant will be utilizing ColdFusion, HTML5, CSS3, Java, JQuery, Bootstrap and similar technologies).
- Must have a working knowledge of Network Technical Support (a basic understanding of network support with the ability to assist end-users with common enterprise environment issues, such as login, printer, and connectivity issues).
- Experience in generating reports from data warehouses and databases, as well as experience in associating data elements from various data sources to generate management-level reports.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new proprietary and non-proprietary software in a timely fashion.
- Experience in hardware installation/maintenance and trainee support.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network technology and experience working in government, especially social services or public sector HR environment.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups, handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure.