New York, NY - Posted on: Monday 08/29/16
• Responsible for accurately calculating the total costs associated with a construction project including labor, material, equipment, insurance/tax requirements and subcontractors/vendors required.
• Evaluate bid specifications and drawings, ensuring full knowledge of contract documents to successfully bid and win projects.
• Prepare work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
• Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors.
• Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
• Perform a comprehensive bid day analysis and scope review of project with team.
• Prepare scope letter estimates providing our clients with a detailed scope of work, inclusions/exclusions and any specific qualifications associated with bid proposal.
• Turn over bid documents, review drawings, specifications, job cost and any areas of concerns to Project Management team.
2. Has a complete understanding of subcontracting and procurement strategies.
3. Prepare construction budget by analyzing plans and specifications, updating plans as per addendum, identifying and projecting costs.
4. Responsible for reviewing all subcontractor estimates and scope letters for a bid.
5. Bachelor¹s degree in Engineering with Construction Management background or equivalent experience required.
6. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Digital On-screen take off knowledge required.