- Union College Home
- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
Hudson, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 09/20/16
Responsible for planning, budgeting, oversight and documentation of all aspects of contracted Genetically Engineered (Mouse and Rat) Model (GEM) breeding programs. Project Managers work closely as a central hub of communication and the primary point of contact between internal stakeholders including Scientific Program Management, Operations groups, Quality Assurance and Management as well as external stakeholders including clients, vendors, sub-contractors and many others. All client-owned projects endeavored in partnership with Taconic are assigned a project team of which a critical team member is an assigned Project Manager who is accountable for execution and delivery of critical project deliverable(s).
Responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Partner with Scientific Program Managers, Strategic Account Managers and Principal Investigators to develop and deliver Project Charter and Price Estimate proposals as well as implement and execute breeding plans for complex murine breeding projects to advance client’s biomedical research through proactive management of all phases of a project’s lifecycle from pre-project initiation through final deliverable and project termination.
- Document and execute all project’s work breakdown structure and project dependencies and interdependencies as defined in the Project Charter and Price Estimate outlining a project’s objectives, the approach and means of achieving these objectives and the price associated with achieving the defined deliverable(s).
- Provide regular project updates regarding critical path progress and deliverable status to critical stakeholders via email, phone conference and face to face meetings as defined in a formal Client Communication Plan using available project tracking tools.
- Organize & Execute project kick off meetings in collaboration with Operational stakeholders.
- Manage client-specific data including unique project attributes, genetic information and billing information.
- Generate monthly forecast reports for resource utilization and the correlated revenue activities associated with resource allocation.
- Responsible for on-going training and development of new staff, colleagues and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Require Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in biological/life sciences required, Master’s degree a plus.
- Passion for delivering unique solutions to complex scientific challenges.
- Strong organizational skills, multitasking skills and ability/desire to work collaboratively in a high throughput environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with clients and provide excellent customer service.
- Strong creative problem solving and out-of-the-box critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to demonstrate cross functional team and lateral leadership qualities.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience and/or training at an equivalent level required.
- Working understanding of Mendelian Genetics and basic murine animal husbandry principles strongly preferred.
- PMP or PRINCE2 certification is preferred.
- LAT or LATG certification is a plus.
- Experience with CRM software and Oracle ERP software is a plus.
We are Taconic, a life sciences company supporting research to find life-saving cures for disease. Major drug companies, leading universities and government agencies depend on us for high quality products and services that are essential to the drug discovery process.
If you are motivated by new opportunities and seek a stimulating and rewarding career, we invite you to join our diverse team of talented professionals who are dedicated to finding smart solutions to improve human health.
We offer opportunities for career advancement, a competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, including major medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) profit sharing plans, and more!
Taconic – Your Career for the Future
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.