Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 12/05/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The Office of Facilities Management at the University at Albany is searching to fill up to five (5) architectural, engineering, and/or campus planning project and construction managers' positions, depending on applicant skills and interests. The University is continuing to implement its capital improvements and upgrade plans and requires persons with the appropriate skills and background to help complete its architectural, engineering, planning, and construction implementation teams. These positions are available in the Campus Planning Unit (responsible for space/scenario planning, building programming, historical/campus preservation, and Place Making), the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Management Unit (responsible for implementing program plans and facilities upgrades through construction completion), and the Physical Plant Unit (responsible for minor alterations and fit-ups). These three units report to the Associate Vice President for Facilities Management and actively coordinate with each other, as well as with other units in Facilities Management.
A good portion of the program, planning, design, and construction administration work is outsourced; and thus the successful candidate will be responsible for not only broad knowledge in his/her facilities-related area, but also for the administration and coordination of outside architecture and construction firms, as well as other State construction agencies.
Minimum qualifications for all positions require:
- A Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization AND
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in an architectural, facilities planning, engineering, construction, or landscape architecture firm performing similar project work.
- All positions require computer literacy (including familiarity with MS Office), demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The candidates must also address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Preference for all positions will be given to candidates with a Bachelor's degree in an architectural, facilities/space planning, engineering, or construction disciplines and for similar work experience in a large college or university setting.
- Preference will also be given to candidates licensed and/or certified in their respective fields.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant, SL-3
Start Date: January 2017
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=78719
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: January 5, 2017