Project Staff Associate (R16-31)
Albany, NY - Posted on: Thursday 08/04/16
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a full-time Project Staff Associate position located in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties:
The Project Staff Associate will assist other PDP staff in planning, coordinating, scheduling, and facilitating various training programs focused on the professional development needs of New York State employees. Duties include but are not limited to working with sponsors and other stakeholders to plan and coordinate training offerings; attend meetings focused on planning these events; locate qualified instructors; facilitate meetings and training programs; review and prepare training materials; coordinate training related data in Microsoft databases and learning management systems; and other duties as assigned to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Public Administration, Public Policy, Adult Education or related field and 5 years' experience related to workforce training.
- Proficiency in MS Office products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to manage, prioritize and complete numerous tasks within established deadlines, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to travel between project work-sites, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation. Possible occasional other travel to training sites within NYS.
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Experience related specifically to the training of the NYS workforce.
- Subject matter expertise in the areas of Counseling, Social Work, and Education.
- Knowledge of NYS agencies and managerial, professional, and technical occupations.
Salary Range: Low $60's.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"):http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.