- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Purchasing Associate
Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 01/04/17
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
Primary duties include: the procurement of supplies; equipment and services; advisement to project directors and account managers of the procedures and policies related to procurement; review, approve; interpret and negotiate legal documents as they relate to contractual obligations of the institution; develop familiarity with products and services relevant to campus activities and serve as a liaison between vendors and the campus community.
- Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Must have two years of practical experience in writing and negotiating legal documents
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including excellent interpersonal skills in a diverse environment, excellent reading comprehension skills, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Individual must possess the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant, SL-3
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=79526
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- List of three work-related references including person's name, phone number and professional relationship to you
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 02/04/2017