Quality Engineer/Continuous Improvement
Green Island, NY - Posted on: Friday 06/10/16
POSITION: Quality Engineer/Continuous Improvement
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager, or DOQ and dotted line to Site Leader, Site Quality Leader
Leads and Champions the integration of Lean Six Sigma into all production and service processes.
Drives data driven decisions through the application of problems solving tools, statistics and DOEs. Interfaces with all functions within the organization and customers. Reviews defective and nonconforming materials and coordinates, documents and communicates corrective actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES May Include
Ÿ Collaborate with customers regarding quality requirements during contract review.
Ÿ Develop and documents standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
Ÿ Incoming Inspection, special process certification and supplier monitoring.
Ÿ Leading MRB activities, tracking and mentoring fellow Associates in effective root cause and corrective action.
Ÿ Creating AIAG PPAP documents that includes process capability, PFMEA, Control Plan etc.
Ÿ Monitoring the Layered Auditing process and performing internal and external audits.
Ÿ Supplier development, approval, and monitoring.
Ÿ Create inspection programs for automated inspection.
Ÿ Implement and monitor on-line SPC
Ÿ Interfacing with customers, registrars, NADCAP and other auditing organizations.
Ÿ Maintaining local site documentation.
Ÿ Develops sampling procedures and designs forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data.
Ÿ Directs employees in the collection and tabulation of data concerning materials, products, process quality and reliability.
Ÿ Embrace lean methodologies of standard work, mistake-proofing, and many other tools.
Ÿ Mentor and train fellow associates in Lean and Six Sigma.
OTHER POTENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May perform Site representative activities.
Direct activities of inspectors/quality technicians
Performs other related duties as requested.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
- Preferred Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Preferred ASQ Black Belt or CQE
- Ability to effectively lead teams though the use Root Cause Analysis and corrective actions using 8D, DMAIC, and other tools.
- Lean Six Sigma experience in fundamental tools for data driven solutions.
- Minimum of two to five years’ experience as a quality professional in an automotive, aerospace &/or power generation manufacturing environment. Preferable in a machining environment.
- Experience with ISO 9001/AS 9100/NADCAP and may need ISO13485
- Is proficient in JMP or Minitab in data analysis and possible DOEs
- Ability to utilize geometric tolerances, statistical process control required.
- Must be a US citizen.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with multiple complex issues simultaneously.
- Skills to analyze data to identify top issues using standard problem solving tools and statistics.
- Ability to relate to people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability and familiarity with changing and maintaining an organizational culture which is client and Associate focused. Must be able to model and lead others in a caring and fair manner.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Computers, various software programs, Excel file, databases, and Manufacturing MT&E (Measurement & Test Equipment).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities top perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk, see and hear. The Associate must occasional lift/move up to 15 pounds, bend, stoop or crouch.
Able and willing to drive and willing to travel by air, to other LAI sites, customers, etc. as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in office setting.
Submit resume to Lorrie Ritter, PHR at firstname.lastname@example.org