Posted: 12/23/16 | SHARE:
Under the leadership of the Associate Director, the Recruitment Coordinator works independently to engage, onboard, and support employers in campus recruitment initiatives.
This position serves as the primary point of contact for organizations interested in hiring students from Amherst College. This individual represents the college in phone, e-mail, and face-to-face contact with employers, alumni, students, faculty and other constituents and is therefore responsible for providing high-quality service and support for on-campus and other recruiters.
The Coordinator takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College’s efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
- With direction from the Associate Director for Alumni & Employer Networks, establish and maintain employer relationships with private, government and nonprofit organizations to expand career opportunities for students and alumni.
- Work with alumni in a wide range of fields to develop new employment opportunities for students.
- Advise employers on marketing strategies, hiring timelines, recruitment policies, and expectations for event participation and student involvement.
- Communicate, clarify and confirm on-campus job/internship recruitment opportunities and Loeb Center employer services to employers
- Serves as point person for on-campus recruitment activities such as info sessions and interview days
Recruitment Systems and Operations
- Manage the on-line job posting system and serve as internal Loeb Center expert on career management software platform (currently Symplicity)
- Review new jobs for legitimacy, alumni connections, accuracy, and advisor interests.
- Share responsibility for checking and maintaining the general on campus recruiting email account.
- Maintain employer accounts, recruiter contacts, and jobs in the career services database.
- Assist with researching hiring trends to identify new employment opportunities.
- Leverage the on-campus recruitment system to survey/analyze/report employer needs, develop employer services, promote services to employers, and report key performance indicators for the employer engagement team.
- Responsible for employment opportunity reporting for the advising team.
- Bachelor’s degree, or two additional years of related experience in lieu of degree
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience in a career services operation (preferably directly related to employer relations), on-campus recruiting, human resources, or marketing
- Demonstrated relationship building skills; comfortable cultivating new relationships
- Strong analytical reasoning, problem solving, planning, organizational and time management skills
- High attention to detail, flexibility, and ability to initiate and manage multiple tasks, projects and events
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint and comfortable learning new technology
- Familiarity with social media and experience with marketing and designing promotional materials
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to generate data and reports, and experience in program development, project management, and event planning
- Understanding of current employment markets and recruiting trends, career services and college student development
- Able to work evenings and occasional weekends, and travel for the College a few times a year
Please visit https://apply.interfolio.com/39853