- Becker Career Center
- Research Analyst , Division of Criminal Justice Medicaid Fraud Control Unit, New York City, NY
Posted: 02/07/17 | SHARE:
Division of Criminal Justice
Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
Research Analyst – New York City
Reference No. MFCU_RA_NYC_6040
The Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) of the New York State Office of the Attorney General is seeking a Research Analyst to join its Electronic Investigative Support Group (EISG) based in New York City. The EISG manages a statewide network, consisting of eight (8) regional offices, and supports a 20+ terabyte data mart which serves as the main data source in the investigation and prosecution of healthcare fraud and abuse.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Analyzing healthcare data, Medicaid claims and other data mining resources to identify instances of fraud, waste and abuse;
• Collecting, cleansing, and formatting large quantities of data;
• Conducting exploratory data analysis and draft potential anomaly metrics;
• Translating historical patterns of fraud, waste, and abuse into features for modeling;
• Collaborating with MFCU’s audit and investigative staff to validate potential models and recording requirements for future development;
• Preparation of reports and visualizations to document and present findings to Medicaid Fraud investigators; and
• Documentation of analytical process and model development
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years demonstrated experience in data analysis and data visualization;
- Experience or interest in statistical analysis and machine learning concepts;
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with the ability to creatively problem solve;
- Dynamic, self-starter with a proven ability to work in a collaborative environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry and medical coding concepts (CPT, ICD-9 / 10, DRGs) preferred; • Strong proficiency in MS Excel, Access;
- Experience in SQL and a firm understanding of relational databases preferred; and
- Knowledge or experience in any of the following considered a plus: R, Python, SPSS Modeler, data visualization tools (e.g. R ggplot, Shiny, Tableau).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are being received online. To apply, please click on this link: MFCU_RA_NYC_6040; applicants will be taken to the online application page for this position.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
- Cover Letter (You may address to Sandra Jefferson Grannum, Esq., Bureau Chief, Legal Recruitment);
- Writing Sample; and
- List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses.
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or you need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment Bureau via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.