- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Research and Writing Assistant (Part Time)
Research and Writing Assistant (Part Time)
Albany, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 12/13/16
An innovative ally development, government affairs, and communications firm looking to hire a part-time employee to assist with research and support of coalition building and media relations, strategic communications, and event planning in our Albany location.
Duties include: maintain in-depth contact databases, drafting of materials such as opinion-editorials and letters to the editor, drafting of media and public relations material, and general staff support. Additionally, provide assistance at client events such as press conferences, roundtables, and meetings.
- Very strong writing skills, with attention to detail, grammar, and formatting
- Excellent at data entry
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to critically think to overcome obstacles
- Knowledge of professional email programs, social media platforms, and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Education: Associates, Bachelor’s preferred
- Years of Experience: Entry-level, previous experience and internships in public relations and media relations a plus
Availability: Part time, 28 hours per week, each Monday through Thursday. Must be available a few times a year for travel, and for occasional weekend hours.
Compensation: Begins at $12.00 per hour. This position is a 6-month temporary position. Upon 6 months of employment, continued employment and wages will be reviewed.
Please email your resume, cover letter, a writing sample, and 3 references to email@example.com