Research Scientist I
Posted: 02/07/17 | SHARE:
The Research Scientist will:
- design and implement new assays and analytical methods for infectious agents.
- perform testing and validation of assays for emerging and biothreat agents in a BSL-2 and BSL-3 environment.
- prepare manuscripts and poster presentations pertaining to the work performed for the grant.
- prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports.
- perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications :
Bachelor's degree in microbiology or a related field and two years of research experience; OR a Master’s degree in microbiology or a related field and one year of research experience.
Preferred Qualifications :
Working knowledge of bacteriology, biosafety, molecular diagnostic development and testing. Experience with validating assays to be used on clinical specimens. Experience with multiple diagnostic platforms. Strong written and verbal communication skills. This position requires select agent clearance.
Conditions of Employment :
Grant funded position. Compliance with funding requirements such as time and effort reporting, grant deliverables, and contract deliverables, is required.