Residence Hall Director
Posted: 03/01/17 | SHARE:
The University at Albany Department of Residential Life is currently seeking motivated, personable individuals with strong written and verbal communication skills to lead and provide supervision to an energetic and dynamic team of paraprofessionals. Responsibilities of the Resident Director position include:
- The supervision, training, and evaluation of 10-12 student staff members
- Participation in the departmental emergency response duty rotation
- Developing strong student centered communities through a restorative model in addition to serving on departmental committees such as assessment, student staff selection, training, administrative, sustainability, and programming
- The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in developing residential communities that are inviting, intellectual, and inclusive; an environment that is conducive for student success.
- Resident Directors may also be assigned to participate in one or more departmental specialty programs, such as: CHARGE, inter-cultural peer educators; Leaders in Service, a community service based group; and Residence Hall Association.
- This position is a live in position and requires some evening and weekend responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Two years full time experience in higher education administration or a related field
- Strong management, administrative, inter-personal, supervisory and communication skills
- Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Masters degree in Higher Education Administration or related field from a college or university accredited by a US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience with assessing student learning
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Residence Hall Director, SL-2
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=81043
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- A list of three references with contact information, one of which should be a current supervisor
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Special Notes: This position is a live on campus, 10 month position. Due to the nature of the position, a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment, with cable, local phone service, and ethernet internet connection are included.
Start Date: Immediately
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER