Sales Enablement and Training Manager
Boston, MA - Posted on: Tuesday 05/24/16
As the Sales Enablement and Training Manager, you will design, develop and deliver a creative and rigorous training and development program for current and new sales professionals at HourlyNerd. In this role, you will:
- Ensure sales professionals at all levels have the tools and training to perform at their highest potential;
- Conduct sales training and skills assessment workshops; and,
- Provide coaching and professional development consulting to sales staff.
The ideal candidate has extensive knowledge of and experience with a variety of sales methodology concepts (including but not limited to The Challenger Sale), practices, and procedures; the ability to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; and performs a variety of high level tasks while leading and directing the work of others.
Success in this role will lead to sales pipeline acceleration, broad adoption of best-in-class content (eg, case studies, proposal templates, client testimonials) higher conversion to close ratios, integrated sales messaging across the team, and achievement of growing revenue goals with the company. New hires will ramp faster.
- You will develop a common methodology and language for the sales organization to effectively communicate HourlyNerd’s value proposition to enterprise customers.
- You will work cross-functionally with sales leadership, Analytics, Product, and Marketing/Design to ensure that new sales content and tools align with the corporate strategy, sales process and selling skills methodologies at our company
- You will gather and distill sales requirements into a comprehensive Playbook
- You will create—and drive adoption of—content, resources, tools, sales communications and training materials to create a consistent message
- You will improve ramp time to full productivity of new sales hires by providing the training and tools essential for success
- You will help to develop and coordinate sales kick-offs and training events with sales leadership
- You will act as sales champion across the business to ensure that the right programs, tools and content are developed to support sales
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years working in a B2B sales related role preferably in software sales or Enterprise sales
- Demonstrable experience implementing new sales methodologies and identifying the best practices of a high performing sales organization
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proven ability to teach, coach or train sales professionals
- Comfort in a matrixed and highly-dynamic environment
- A compelling sense of team embodying our corporate values, in particular Getting Better Together