- Union College Home
- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
Middleboro, MA - Posted on: Friday 08/26/16
AMETEK is a global leader in electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. AMETEK has more than 15,000 colleagues at nearly 150 operating locations and a global network of sales, service and support locations across the United States and in 30 other countries worldwide. AMETEK’s Corporate Growth Plan is founded on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New products. Its objectives are double-digit annual percentage growth in earnings per share and a superior return on total capital.
We are looking to hire a self-directed, high energy individual to fill our position of Sales Engineer. This position reports to the Director – Lab Sales, Americas & Global Service Support.
Perform a wide variety of sales and service duties required to receive and process standard and non-standard customer orders and to provide order information and technical assistance under minimal supervision. This will include sales and marketing activities associated with conducting training seminars and customer visits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate as second level customer contact for sales and service related calls. Handle technical and application inquiries. Support first level customer contact staff as overflow.
• Receive and process customer phone orders for new equipment and repair services. Quote instrument and accessory prices, negotiate orders, follow up on open quotations, and apprise customer of current offerings and special promotions.
• Respond to customer inquiries for product literature, order status information and technical information, and recommend appropriate instruments to meet their standard application requirements. Travel to customer sites for instrument start-up. Support domestic and international dealers on technical and applications issues.
• Elicit information from customer on non-standard applications and prepare a proposal for management to determine if the order would be economically feasible. After review, inform the customer of the decision and, if approved, of the price and delivery. Request additional information from the customer required by Design Engineering for the final design of the instrument.
• Respond to customers’ concerns and questions regarding defective equipment or incorrect items shipped. Document issues with ERP system. Assist customers to obtain maximum performance from equipment already purchased.
• Interact with various departments including Repair, Order Entry, and Production Control to resolve sales-related problems.
• Test customer samples and create Laboratory Test Reports for paid customer testing. Evaluate returned equipment in the Lab to support Repair activity. Perform a prototype evaluation.
• Attend trade shows and meetings of industrial organizations.
• Assist with dealer/representative training. Conduct in-house practical courses and on-site demos/instruction.
• Assist Marketing with creation, development, review and modification of literature including operating instructions, manuals, and data sheets.
• Bachelor’s degree in technical or scientific field required (preferably in an engineering discipline)
• Minimum of four years technical selling or direct customer-interactive technical support for scientific products.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, technical writing skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Experience using Windows and Microsoft Office is required.
• 25% travel typically required.
To learn more or apply, please go to http://tinyurl.com/amesaleseng