New York, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 11/30/16
The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking an energetic, organized and detail oriented individual to serve as the Scheduler for the Attorney General. The Scheduler maintains the Attorney General’s schedule and coordinates all aspects of confirmed meetings and events. They will work closely with the Scheduling Outreach Coordinator, who processes all outside invitations and requests received for the Attorney General. The Scheduler works within the Executive Division’s Operations Department, which is responsible for the scheduling, staffing, advancing, briefing and conflict checking for the Attorney General.
Specific duties of the Scheduler include, but are not limited to:
- Mapping out daily, weekly and monthly schedules for the Attorney General, including travel;
- Communicating with organizers about events and meetings the Attorney General will be attending;
- Ensuring appropriate staffing for each meeting and event;
- Communicating with press, intergovernmental and legal staff at OAG about the AG’s schedule;
- Ensuring individuals the Attorney General may interact with at events or meetings have been vetted;
- Filling in for the Scheduling Outreach Coordinator, when needed; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
The selected candidate will:
- Have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three (3) years of full-time post-graduate work experience preferably working for a candidate or elected official in a scheduling capacity;
- Be familiar with the geography of New York City and New York State;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Be able to manage many moving parts while ensuring that even the smallest of details is not overlooked;
- Have the ability to work quickly and effectively in a high pressure situation;
- Have the ability to work well with staff at all levels; and
- Be comfortable and professional in interacting with the public.
Applications are being received online. To apply, please click on this link: EXEC/OD_SCH_NYC_6034; applicants will be taken to the online application page for this position.
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
- Cover Letter (Please address to Sandra Jefferson Grannum, Esq., Bureau Chief, Legal Recruitment);
- Writing Sample;
- List of three (3) references with contact information and email addresses; and
- Transcript, if less than five (5) years post-graduate.
Please note: Failure to submit a complete application will delay the consideration of your application. If you have questions about a position with the OAG, the application process or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact the Legal Recruitment Bureau via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website:www.ag.ny.gov.