Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 09/16/16
The Autotask team is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our growing and dynamic finance team! Are you organized? Have a passion for numbers? Do you have the desire to work with a global team? Would you like to work in a fast paced office? This is not your average accountant position. So if you think you have what it takes then we want to speak with you!!
The Senior Accountant is responsible for running the Consolidation, General Ledger, Fixed Asset accounting and intercompany transactions. The General Ledger function involves the management of the trial balance for the central functions and the Company’s subsidiaries, the monthly close process, the proper accounting for all transactions, including reconciliations and internal processes and controls that impact the general ledger. The Senior Accountant position is also responsible for working cross functionally with the global team (including engaged service providers) to ensure the goals and objectives are met.
- Assist in the closing calendar, consolidation process, month-end general ledger functions, balance sheet account reconciliations and journal entry processing and review
- Maintain the accuracy of subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and reports for multiple operating and eliminating business units in various foreign currencies as well as consolidated in USD
- Manage and establish banking relationships for domestic and foreign operations
- Look to continuously improve the General ledger, Consolidation and Revenue processes through the standardization of global policies and challenging the status quo with specific suggestions
- Support the Controllership function via the maintenance of legal structure hierarchy in Intacct, transfer pricing and timely intercompany reconciliations and settlement
- Assist in the monitoring and compliance of revenue recognition policies and practices
- Support the year-end external audit requirements
- Assist senior management with ad hoc projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA preferred
- 5+ years’ in an accounting role; public accounting experience desired
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal) in dealing effectively with internal and external customers required
- Advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, PPT and Intacct preferred
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product
- The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be required to perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Autotask is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Autotask about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Autotask via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Autotask; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Autotask as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.