- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Senior Actuarial Analyst
Senior Actuarial Analyst
Jersey City, NJ - Posted on: Monday 08/01/16
Verisk has an amazing story to tell…Named to Forbes America’s Best Employers 2016 List and Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies 2015 List, Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. Acknowledgment as a ‘best employer’ is a testament to the Verisk team around the world. At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work, create a positive, lasting impact on the business, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies and an excellent benefits package!
If you’re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. At Verisk, you’ll be part of an organization that’s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
The ISO Solutions unit of Verisk Insurance Solutions is looking for an Analyst responsible for dealing with data; data management and data analysis. This contributes to our ability to prepare, data reviews, regulatory filings and compilations in a timely and accurate manner for submission to state insurance departments and ISO affiliates. You will have the opportunity to utilize your skills in Excel and use complicated, yet useful tools like SQL and VBA.
Organizational Unit: ISO Solutions
Supervisory Responsibility: No
- Perform analysis of large data sets to assure the quality of all products and filings.
- Collaborate with other divisions regarding regulatory data needs.
- Preparation of annual Statistical Agent filings and other compilations required by insurance regulators.
- Detailed data reviews, both on transactional and aggregate levels.
- Writing and running computer programs to extract data for review and report compilation.
- Interaction with ISO’s insurer customers and other organizations regarding data review prior to submission to regulators and state insurance departments.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, data analytics or a related field.
- Hands on experience with programming languages (e.g., SQL, VBA, etc.).
- Passion for problem solving.
- Prefer at least 2 years experience working in property and casualty insurance and/or other data management related field.
- Professional insurance exams a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints and adjust plans in the face of changing priorities.
- Continued desire and ability to learn.
For more information, visit us at www.verisk.com/careers
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please contact Robin Edelstein (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get more information.
See our website at www.verisk.com for information about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Verisk Analytics, of which Verisk Insurance Solutions is a division, was ranked by Forbes as the 18th most innovative company in the world. See announcement @ http://www.verisk.com/press-releases-verisk/2015/august-2015/forbes-ranks-verisk-analytics-18th-most-innovative-company-in-the-world.html
Verisk Analytics has also been named to join the S&P 500in 2015. See announcement @ http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-01/verisk-jumps-after-being-named-to-replace-joy-global-in-s-p-500
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.