Senior Education Specialist (R16-15)
Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 04/13/16
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a full time Senior Education Specialist position located in Albany, NY.
The Senior Education Specialist will be responsible for production of long form videos, live webcast and e-Learning training materials. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct topic research and guide creative development of media rich training materials including creative treatments, scriptwriting and other tasks related to curriculum development and presentation/training delivery.
- Develop editing decision list (video and audio) and rough video edits for long form videos, live webcasts and e-Learning products.
- Review training programs for compliance with applicable State University of New York and OCFS rules, regulations and policies. Troubleshoot as necessary.
- Assist in preparing written reports, including quarterly reports, and other documentation as needed.
- Monitor selected training sessions to ensure that quality of training meets appropriate standards. Provide technical assistance as needed.
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in education / communication or related field.
- Three (3) years' work experience in curriculum development and/or presentation/training delivery.
- Three (3) years' experience in the field of early childhood and education.
- Demonstrated high degree of independence and autonomy in the workplace, the ability to make sound judgments and a high degree of interaction with the public and project sponsors.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups, handle multiple priorities and work under pressure.
- Attention to detail; strong oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel regularly throughout NYS to conduct field shoots and attend meetings year round that may not be served by public transportation.
Applicant must address in their application the ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Master's Degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in education /communication or related field.
- In depth knowledge of NYS regulations for all modalities of child care programs.
- Experience participating in live TV programming, videography and AVID editing.
- Knowledge of human services issues and experience working in government preferred.
- On camera experience, include reading from a teleprompter
Salary Range: Mid $50's
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"):http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Applicant must address in their application the ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.