- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Senior Education Specialist (R16-50)
Senior Education Specialist (R16-50)
Albany, NY - Posted on: Monday 11/21/16
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Education Specialist position in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties:
Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, position provides coordination, training, and support services to regionally-based youth services staff by conducting various activities related to the development of continuing professional education programming for professionals working with foster care and at-risk youth aged 14-21. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Conducting local district, agency, and Regional Office needs assessments; Developing training and post-training plans with local districts and identifying needed specialized training; Providing consultation, coaching, and technical assistance to Regional Office, local districts, and voluntary agencies on professional development and other strategies to improve their practices; Delivering training and providing post-training support services in a wide range of adolescent services areas, such as use of guidance regarding educational funding resources, youth engagement strategies, staff development strategies, program design and evaluation, etc.; Developing and conducting one Youth Voice Event in the assigned region; Providing training and support for the Workforce Readiness Program; Providing training and skills development to youth in care; Active involvement in OCFS initiatives to provide internship opportunities for Youth in Care at the regional level.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field.
- Two years' experience in child welfare and/or juvenile justice including service delivery to adolescents.
- Two years' experience delivering instructional programs for adults and providing consultation.
- Knowledge of recent Federal and New York State child welfare initiatives.
- Ability to analyze and interpret information about laws, regulations, policies, current research and best practice having impact on adolescent services.
- Demonstrated proficiency with oral and written skills.
- Applicant must address in their application their abilities and experience in working with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities/competing deadlines in a team setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products.
- Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, and the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to give a presentation on an adolescent related issue.
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field, and 3 years' experience in NYS child welfare practice, including the provision and/or supervision of life skills development and adolescent services to adolescents in foster care.
- A broad knowledge base in areas of adolescence, human sexuality, and foster care systems.
- Knowledge of adult education theory.
- Experience in conducting needs assessment.
- Familiarity with social media platforms.
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Former foster care and justice involved youth are encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: Mid-High $50's
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
Applicant must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to give a presentation on an adolescent related issue.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.