- Becker Career Center
- Senior Education Specialist (R17-02), The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, Albany, NY
Senior Education Specialist (R17-02)
Posted: 01/25/17 | SHARE:
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College is seeking a motivated individual to develop and maintain e-learning products for a web-based training portal serving state and social services district staff. Applicants should have a minimum of three years' experience in instructional curriculum design and technology.
Description of Duties:
- Work with sponsors, subject matter experts, and available resources to develop curriculum for web-based training projects on a variety of subjects.
- Update and maintain training and training portal content.
- Create design documents, storyboards, flowcharts, and prototypes to illustrate instructional and technical approaches.
- Work with managers, developers, and program sponsors to conceptualize new projects and recommend approaches to meet project deliverables.
- Conduct usability and accessibility tests and generate reports and related documentation.
- Provide technical support to end users.
- Assist in developing and applying standards across a range of projects through documentation and project evaluation sessions.
- Research and recommend best practices and appropriate technologies to enhance web-based learning components and approaches.
- Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Minimum three years' experience in instructional design, curriculum writing, or equivalent.
- Understanding and application of web standards, including accessibility guidelines.
- Practical experience in web development and coding, including HTML and CSS.
- Experience in designing and developing e-learning products.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet posted deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse groups.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technologies.
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Experience with Lectora or other industry-standard e-learning authoring tools
Salary Range: Mid $50's
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.