- Becker Career Center
- Senior Education Specialist (R17-03), University at Albany's Rockefeller College, Syracuse, NY
Senior Education Specialist (R17-03)
Posted: 02/09/17 | SHARE:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Education Specialist position located in Syracuse, NY.
Description of Duties:
The project focus is to improve functioning of local county departments of social services while working closely with staff of the project sponsor, the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, to achieve the goals of safety, permanency, and well-being. Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, position works with the project team to conduct activities related to the design, development, and delivery of continuing professional education programming for child welfare Caseworkers and Supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies. Job functions will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing training, consultation, coaching, and technical assistance through needs assessment, case consultation, and case practice reviews
- Identifying and brokering resources; develop district-specific or regional performance improvement plans
- Preparing and supporting implementation of performance improvement action plans
- Providing oversight and monitoring of child welfare program areas
- Analyzing and interpreting information about laws, regulations, policies, current research and best practices
- Liaising with University, state and local agencies
- Preparing interim reports
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field
- Two years' experience in development and delivery of training and an understanding of adult learning
- Two years' experience in comprehensive child welfare programs and national and state legislation, performance standards and best practices
- Knowledge of recent Federal and New York State child welfare initiatives
- Demonstrated proficiency with oral and written skills
- Applicant must address in their application their abilities and experience in working with a culturally diverse groups of people
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities/competing deadlines in a team setting
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products
- Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, and the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field, and a minimum of two years' experience in child welfare services/child protective services
- Experience in the development and delivery of outcome-based training curricula
- Experience in curriculum development
Salary Range: Mid-High $50's
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population. Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample. Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to give a presentation that focuses specifically on an issue in the child welfare arena.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.