Senior Electrical Engineer
Posted: 03/23/17 | SHARE:
Calspan’s Subsonic, Transonic Wind Tunnel, is the only independently owned and operated wind tunnel in the United States. Our staff is known for its flexiblity and responsiveness to our customer’s needs. Customers appreciate this approach, as it enables them in real time, to refine test programs. Wind Tunnel test programs that support the various phases of an aircraft’s development.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will perform research, design and test and interface development of electrical equipment and systems including digital and analog systems. Provides guidance and planning in designing electrical equipment.
Due to the security requirements for this position, US Citizenship is required.
Description for Senior Electrical Engineer:
- Support execution of testing operations in accurate and efficient manner. Develop, lead and implement control systems including design, specifications, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up assistance.
- Conduct tests and analyze feasibility, design, operation and performance of electrical equipment systems. Apply knowledge of engineering techniques to accurately complete and assign tasks within budget and scheduling restraints.
- Develop new applications and test procedures in support of testing operations and facility improvements.
- Maintain engineering data and/or drawings, which includes schematics, layouts, and control software.
- Develop technical documentation including engineering plans, requirements definition, test procedures, installation design plans operational manuals and related technical reports.
- Provide technical guidance to personnel involved in developing design approaches and executing test procedures. Review and correct drawings to ensure proper engineering techniques.
Preferred Education / Experience for Senior Electrical Engineer:
- Bachelors in Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years in Engineering or related discipline or;
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
Preferred Knowledge / Ability for Senior Electrical Engineer:
- Electrical/Electronic engineering methods.
- Strong understanding of electrical motion control systems, scientific automation, data acquisition, signal conditioning and instrumentation. Able to troubleshoot data acquisition and control systems.
- Proficiency with PLC logic and programming; CIMPLICITY desired.
- Familiarity with motor drives, servo hydraulics, and automation networking.
- Perform moderately complex analog and digital circuit design.
- Read and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
- Familiarity with precise measurement systems and measurement uncertainty estimation.
- Microsoft Office, Autocad proficiency.