Senior Product Marketing Manager
Boston, MA - Posted on: Tuesday 05/24/16
- We are seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager to accelerate the growth of HourlyNerd’s enterprise software product. This role is critical to our broader strategy of disrupting how enterprises engage external business expertise with traditional consulting firms and expert networks.
- This experienced, high-energy marketing professional will develop and drive marketing messaging, positioning, and communication strategies for HourlyNerd’s enterprise product. They will conceive and execute innovative marketing programs that drive demand via account-based marketing. And they will coach more junior product marketing managers.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced product marketer to drive forward a key business line that is redefining how consulting is bought and sold.
You will lead the strategy and execution of account-based marketing activities for HourlyNerd’s enterprise product. You will need a successful track record of creatively marketing complex products to senior, discerning buyers. Responsibilities include:
- Product positioning – Develop positioning and messaging that is based on unique customer insights and that differentiates your products in the market.
- Sales enablement – develop the communication of the product’s value proposition and the necessary tools to support the selling process of your products (e.g. collateral).
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria, as well as the competitive landscape.
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and execute the marketing programs that drive demand for your products (e.g. traditional and digital advertising, email marketing, content)
- Product launch – plan the marketing launch of new products/features and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, ideally with a focus on technology or software
- Self-starter with world-class work ethic and ability to work both independently and cross-functionally
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Track record of “running into fires” and demonstrated “at-cause” approach to problem solving
- Comfort in a highly-entrepreneurial and intellectually stimulating environment where flexibility, creativity, and initiative are highly-valued
Bonus Points if:
- You have an MBA
- You have had brand management experience
- You have consulting or other professional services experience
- You are frequently impatient and rarely satisfied