- Becker Career Center
- Senior Program Manager - School of Undergraduate Studies, California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS), San Francisco, CA
Senior Program Manager - School of Undergraduate Studies
Posted: 01/24/17 | SHARE:
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
The Senior Program Manager will assist the Dean in providing outstanding administrative, financial, and human resource operations in the School of Undergraduate Studies (SUS). Managing change and disseminating critical information related to university administration while supporting and advancing department priorities, the manager is a resource to whom faculty, staff, and students turn for interpretation of policies and procedures, and for guidance in transacting business within the university. As a primary representative of the department and of the Dean, the manager interacts with a wide variety of contacts in administration. The Senior Program Manager supervises the program coordinator and three work study positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serves as a resource to the Dean and faculty on all processes that support faculty and adjunct faculty appointment and searches. Provides administrative support to the Dean when hiring adjunct faculty.
• Maintains consistent communication with core and adjunct faculty regarding program information, requests, deadlines, responsibilities, etc.
• Supports effective decision making by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing information as requested by the Dean. Stays abreast of issues and areas of concerns related to the department and brings these concerns to the Dean's attention.
• Develops administrative goals and priorities.
• Attends Department and University wide-meetings.
• Supervises administrative, clerical, and fiscal activities for the department.
• Directs and manages staff; work with staff to develop goals, complete periodic performance evaluations, and resolve personnel issues.
• Continually assess operational practices, systems, and duties to ensure that work is effectively organized, work is performed at the right level, and technology is effective leveraged.
• Advises the Chair on actions to improve department performance.
• Maintains a collaborative relationship with Human Resources to understand policies and practices related to employment, compensation, and performance management to ensure all employee issues are resolved effectively and in compliance with University practices
• Maintain consistent and effective communication with newly enrolled and prospective students utilizing various modes of technology.
• Assume primary responsibility for advising a cohort of undergraduate students regarding their academic progress and develop a path to success based on the unique needs of each student.
• Provide academic, personal and career exploration and planning for students.
• Monitor and assesses students' progress in achieving their path to success and make adjustments to their path based on the progress and changing needs of the student.
• Communicate with faculty regarding students' progress and compliance with policies and procedures, keeping faculty up to date accordingly.
• Coordinates with the Registrar's Office to stay informed of important information or general announcements that need to be relayed to students.
• Track students' academic and degree completion progress utilizing an advising module.
• Identify current and potential challenges (e.g. adjustment to college, time-management) and actively coach students through such challenges.
• Connect students to academic and student support services as needed.
• Provide academic counseling to undergraduate students on graduation requirements (primarily on general education) and other related policies and procedures.
• Coordinate academic support services workshops (career, graduate school preparation, and writing workshops).
• Supports academic program assessment data collection and reporting (i.e., alumni and exit surveys, course alignment grids, etc.).
• Collects, monitors, and documents all assessment activities within instructional and support programs.
• Collects and documents data collected from student learning assessment activities.
• Maintains a database for the SUS assessment data collected, annual assessment reports, and assessment plans.
• Develop and implement ongoing assessment of advising with a view to continually improving its effectiveness and enhancing student experience and satisfaction
• Collaborates with Communications department on the website design for SUS.
• Works with the Educational Technology Specialist in development and maintenance of program space on Canvas and myciis.edu (student portal).
• Supervises Program Coordinator in producing, editing and updating online content in content management system and various social media outlets and other systems.
• Master's degree preferred with a minimum of three years of experience working in higher education.
• Minimum of five years of increasingly responsible and varied administrative, supervisory, and/or management experience.
• Ability to interact with faculty, students, staff and public with diplomacy.
• Excellent verbal and written skills to deal effectively with a multi-dimensional environment.
• Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and manage multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Photoshop, and database management software.
• Proficiency with technology and experience with managing the content of departmental website pages.
• Demonstrated ability in using software for creating and maintaining web pages.
• Capacity to work collaboratively as well as to take initiative.
• Willingness to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
Apply at http://www.Click2apply.net/vwdyq88qw