Senior Research Support Specialist
Albany, NY - Posted on: Thursday 08/25/16
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Research Support Specialist position within PDP’s Department of Child Care Subsidy and Regulated Care Training.
Description of Duties:
Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, the Senior Research Support Specialist establishes data collection and reporting protocols to comply with federal, state, local district and regional reports using data from existing sources. Conducts statistical analysis of data to inform various policy decisions related to assigned programs, recommends and assists in modifying and developing new programs based on research findings.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Develop recommendations and carry out test procedures, protocols and data collection for research in assigned projects
Conduct statistical analysis of data
Test new automated systems and correct any errors or gaps in information
Communicate data needs and reporting requirements to local district staff and agency systems support staff
Prepare technical reports and presentations
Interact with policy and program specialists
Provide technical assistance to those new to data elements and programs being used for data collection to ensure accurate data for analysis and reporting purposes Respond to and fill identified research requests
1) Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in social sciences, public policy, statistics, or related field
2) Three years’ experience analyzing data using advanced statistical methods and producing statistical samples utilizing several universal sources
3) Experience producing technical reports and summarizing research results and methodologies
4) Proficiency in database management and analysis using SPSS, Visual Basic, and Microsoft Office (including Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook)
5) Ability to quickly learn proprietary software
6) Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
7) Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
8) Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
9) Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
10) Demonstrated ability to summarize and explain technical analyses to diverse audiences
11) Ability to travel throughout NYS to attend meetings, present reports, and conduct field technical assistance as needed
Special Notes: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the low to mid $60’s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=75515. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.