- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Senior Research Support Specialist
Senior Research Support Specialist
Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 11/30/16
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Research Support Specialist position within PDP's Department of Child Care Subsidy and Regulated Care Training.
Description of Duties:
Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, the Senior Research Support Specialist establishes data collection and reporting protocols to comply with federal, state, local district and regional reports using data from existing sources. Conducts statistical analysis of data to inform various policy decisions related to assigned programs, recommends and assists in modifying and developing new programs based on research findings. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop recommendations and carry out test procedures, protocols and data collection for research in assigned projects
- Conduct statistical analysis of data
- Test new automated systems and correct any errors or gaps in information
- Communicate data needs and reporting requirements to local district staff and agency systems support staff
- Prepare technical reports and presentations
- Interact with policy and program specialists
- Provide technical assistance to those new to data elements and programs being used for data collection to ensure accurate data for analysis and reporting purposes
- Respond to and fill identified research requests
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in social sciences, public policy, statistics, or related field
- Three years' experience analyzing data using advanced statistical methods and producing statistical samples utilizing several universal sources
- Experience producing technical reports and summarizing research results and methodologies
- Proficiency in database management and analysis using SPSS, Visual Basic, and Microsoft Office (including Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary software
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Demonstrated ability to summarize and explain technical analyses to diverse audiences
- Ability to travel throughout NYS to attend meetings, present reports, and conduct field technical assistance as needed
Salary Range: Low to Mid $60's
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"): http://police.albany.edu/asr.htm
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.