Senior Technology Trainer (R16-27)
Albany, NY - Posted on: Wednesday 06/29/16
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Trainer position within PDP's Department of Computer Training Services.
Description of Duties: Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, support the deployment and use of New York State (NYS) proprietary and/or off-the-shelf computer applications in state, local government, and social service agencies throughout NYS by delivering technology training. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Train new and experienced child welfare workers on the use of a statewide computer system in a lab-based setting.
- Train new and experienced child welfare workers on the use of a statewide computer system in an online, web-based setting.
- Provide post-classroom support and technical assistance to users in local district offices and voluntary agencies.
- Travel to local districts, voluntary agencies, classrooms and mobile lab sites throughout NYS to provide assistance and training support.
- Complete required reports and documentation as needed.
- Assist in the development and revision of curricular materials, including content development, editing, proofreading, formatting and document organization, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in related field.
- A minimum of 3 years' technology-related training experience, with one year delivering technology-related training for a NYS public sector application.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in use of e-mail, electronic calendar, computer templates, word processing, PowerPoint, and Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software products and operating systems quickly.
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to work with a team, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in related field.
- Knowledge of the New York State Child Welfare system and the CONNECTIONS application.
- Any prior supervisory or staff development experience.
- Knowledge of and experience presenting training for staff using assistive technology.
- Knowledge of NYS legacy (mainframe) as well as current NYS computer applications, and/or the NYS Human Services Enterprise Network.
Salary Range: Low to Mid $50's
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"):http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.