- Becker Career Center
- Senior Trainer (R16-47, The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, Albany, NY
Senior Trainer (R16-47)
Albany, NY - Posted: 10/24/16 | SHARE:
About RF for SUNY at the University at Albany:
Employment is with The Research Foundation for the State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that provides essential sponsored program administration and innovation support services to SUNY faculty and students whose ideas and research generate ground-breaking discovery and translate to entrepreneurial and economic development opportunities for New York State.
Working at the SUNY Research Foundation for the University at Albany, you will be part of a team that provides essential services to the University as it moves to the front ranks of American higher education, supporting the advancement of education, research and discovery. The University at Albany, a nationally recognized research university with outstanding faculty, researchers and staff, offers challenging, exciting and rewarding careers to those who seek opportunities to grow and excel.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Trainer position within PDP's Department of Temporary Assistance Training in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties:
Under direction of the Department Manager or designee, this position provides leadership to professional education and training teams; delivers traditional and non-traditional education and training programs and supports program and NYS policy initiatives; as well as serves as master trainer and liaison to project sponsors. Duties include, but are not limited to: delivering classroom training throughout NYS, virtual classroom training using e-learning technology, and technical assistance programs; participating in the planning and development of training delivery plans and curricula for a variety of performance-based training, including updating, maintaining, and developing instructional materials (print and digital) and performing research for and assisting in the design of curriculum, related materials, and visual aids; completing assignments independently and within team settings; providing coaching, mentoring, and leadership to training staff; monitoring training deliveries and materials to assure quality and conformance with project objectives; conducting training needs assessments; interpreting/using training evaluation data to revise/modify training programs and delivery plans; maintaining complete records of training programs, content, activities, and evaluations in accordance with procedures; preparing routine reports. Perform other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements. Full-time position. Ability to work variable days and work hours, travel regularly throughout NYS, and lift and carry up to 40 lbs. required.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in Adult Education, Communications, English, Social Science, or related field, and a minimum of three years of experience delivering adult training programs.
- Excellent writing, speaking, presentation, group facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated creativity and expertise in delivering training material in conformance with project objectives and in planning and coordinating training activities as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of traditional and non-traditional adult training methods and commitment to delivering/developing training that incorporates adult learning principles.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work under pressure and attend to details, as well as effectively work on multiple projects with competing priorities/deadlines in shared staff resource setting.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently as well as within teams.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead project teams and encourage and promote teamwork and positive interactions.
- Strong team and customer orientation and successful experience in coaching, motivating, and developing skills of staff.
- Working knowledge of the NYS Social Service delivery system and public welfare programs or experience in the delivery of specific public welfare programs, such as Temporary Assistance, SNAP, Employment & Advancement Services, HEAP, and Child Support Enforcement, or the administrative/fair hearings process, welfare fraud investigations, and audit/quality improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrated proficiencies using Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer, and document and presentation templates.
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver training and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in Adult Education, Communications, English, Social Science, or related field.
- Five years of experience delivering training to adults in a related field.
- Proficiencies using Microsoft SharePoint and e-learning technology (e.g., iLinc, GoToWebinar, WebEx).
- Experience working within a state or county social services agency or human services organization.
Salary Range: Low $50s.
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the following website for the complete Annual Security Report ("Clery Report"):http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin and veteran or disability status.
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
Applicants must also provide two writing samples of work where the applicant was the primary author, according to the following: a training curriculum or presentation (of non-specific length); and a report or memorandum (1 to 3 pages in length).
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.