Senior User Experience Designer
Boston, MA - Posted on: Tuesday 05/24/16
We are seeking entrepreneurial, motivated and intellectually curious individuals to join our growing team. Candidates for the lead UX role will be driven, creative, organized, and resourceful.
- Lead all aspects of IA/UX – Research, ideation, usability testing, and interaction design.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, development leads and visual design to ensure the consistency of a high quality consumer centric product, while being an advocate for the user.
- Evolve the PM/Creative process to evolve ideas from birth to UI handoff
- Facilitate sessions with cross-functional teams that take early ideas and make them more concrete.
- Lead the team in mapping the customer experience as means of clarifying what problems to solve and how to solve them.
- Come up with smart ways to extract relevant feedback from customers on everything from ideas to concrete wireframes.
- Create solutions to complex interface and interaction design challenges that are intuitive and elegant.
- Design wireframes to bring ideas to life for customers and subsequently follow up to get those wireframes to the point of handoff to visual design
- Exceptionally strong information architecture and interaction design background. 5+ years of experience in user interface design for software applications either at an operating company or at an agency.
- Solid knowledge of UI and UX best practices and an understanding of current competitive trends within the industry.
- Desire to role your sleeves up and do everything from strategy to execution.
- Experience and comfort researching users and conducting usability testing.
- Deep interest in marketplace business models.
- Maniacal customer focus in everything he/she does
- Experience leading cross functional teams through ideation
- Knowledge of and high throughput in relevant design tools including wireframing tools
- Bonus: Degree in psychology, human factors, or the like
- Bonus: Experience having taken a complex inherently offline process and brought it online
Apply at https://hourlynerd.com/