Social Media and Communication Coordinator
Albany, NY - Posted on: Thursday 07/28/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
The University at Albany, Office of Graduate Admissions is searching for a qualified applicant to fill the role of the Social Media and Communication Coordinator. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the department's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds by developing the content and remaining current on trends and new social media platforms
- Analyzing the effectiveness of campaigns including events surrounding the graduate school and university
- Using the current CRM tool (currently Hobsons Radius) in assisting with the development of marketing campaigns
- Maintaining communications and event plans
- Updating and maintaining the graduate bulletin
This person will also need to work with the graduate academic departments to create effective messaging and continue creation of informative sell sheets for academic departments. The effective candidate will be expected to work independently and will supervise the graduate ambassador to assist with outreach prospective and current applicants. This position reports to the Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Applicant must have a Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Applicant must be aware of University at Albany brand
- Must have 3 - 5 years of experience in content development and marketing, including social media experience
- Must be familiar with Website and Content Management Systems (Currently Reddot)
- Must possess excellent writing skills
- Applicant must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Previous work experience in the field of Higher Education
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant, SL-3
Special Notes: This is a part-time position at 50% and a generous benefit package.
Closing date for receipt of applications: August 28, 2016
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=74051
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- Writing sample which include social media posts
- Additional writing samples will be required to be shown for all candidates who will be invited for an interview. This should include social media posts.
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.