Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 09/16/16
The Solution Consultant is a member of our customer-facing Services team, and is a key contributor to effectively enhancing our service relationship with Autotask’s customers via improved product adoption and implementation of best practices across product lines and business functions. The Solution Consultant will be responsible for engaging with assigned customers, maintaining an understanding of their current and future needs, and offering expertise on how Autotask’s suite of product and service offerings can maximize value and drive high levels of customer satisfaction and long-term product adoption.
The primary responsibility of the Solution Consultant is to provide timely and efficient consulting, project management, and process improvement guidance to existing clients in order for them to enhance their use and adoption of the Autotask product suite. This job requires employees to combine their expert product knowledge with the demands of the IT Services Industry to ensure short term value add as well as long term customer retention. Successful candidates will have a mix of technical skills, ability to deliver high value service, project management experience, teamwork, and a passionate focus on the success of each customer.
- Maintain competency and knowledge across each of Autotask’s product lines, as well as complementary service, support, and training offerings that can best be leveraged to meet customer needs.
- Oversee and deliver multiple concurrent consulting engagements, which may be delivered by the Solution Consultant independently, or as part of a project team.
- Conduct assessment of customer needs, and establish plans and recommendations for each customer to maximize success and perceived value through growing product adoption, additional training and consulting, best practice recommendations, as well as planned/upcoming product releases and enhancements.
- Provide consulting and assistance to customers via phone, email, and onsite visits as required.
- Respond to customer inquiries and direct the resolution of outstanding issues.
- Monitor positive improvement in metrics such as product utilization, customer satisfaction, and revenue retention/growth resulting from engagement with assigned customers.
- Collaborate with multiple functional areas within Autotask to meet the needs of customers, share feedback on how product and service offerings can be evolved to better meet customer needs moving forward, and raise leads for possible upsell opportunity to Sales/Account Management for follow-through, as appropriate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements across internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders ranging from individual contributors to executive management
- Minimum 3-5 years of Project Management (small to medium projects) and/or Business Analysis experience
- General business management knowledge
- Prior consulting, technical training, and/or account management experience
- Experience with IT Service Management and related business operations
- Knowledge of CRM, ERP, PSA software and markets.
- Willingness and ability to travel between 25-75%
- BA/BS in Business, Information Technology, or related field, or equivalent experience.
Autotask is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Autotask about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Autotask via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Autotask; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Autotask as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.