Spanish Lecturer/University in the High School Span. Liaison
Albany, NY - Posted on: Tuesday 05/24/16
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
- Teach 2 Spanish courses each fall and 2 Spanish courses each spring in Languages, Literatures & Cultures Department
- Serve as Spanish Liaison to the University in the High School Program, to include:
- Review curriculum and high school teacher qualifications
- Coordinate annual teacher workshop
- Visit Spanish high school teachers
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish and English
- Master's Degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Reliable transportation
- PhD in Spanish from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience in teaching at secondary and university levels
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Lecturer, $45,000
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=71668
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of teaching philosophy
Note: After submitting your CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.
Review of applications will begin on June 15th and continue until the position is filled.