- Becker Career Center
- SQL Developer, Financial Information Services Agency (FISA), New York, NY
New York, NY - Posted: 11/14/16 | SHARE:
The Financial Information Services Agency (FISA) has a vacancy for a SQL Developer who will provide support of production and development environments for our city wide automated time keeping system (CITYTIME).
Perform activities related to technical design, coding and unit testing of enhancements and defect corrections for the City's time keeping system CityTime that includes: activity and payroll processing; time sheet, roster, status, and roll-call functionality; employee profile, leave balance, work schedule and self-care service. Work will involve PL/SQL development, tuning and SQL
package development and maintenance. Technical skills include: PL/SQL scripting tuning, data export/import, Excel VB/SQL development, Oracle streams, custom ETL development, Perl scripting.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and six years of satisfactory full-time experience related to the area(s) required by the particular position; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
• Expert knowledge of Oracle 11g/10g, Shell scripting, Perl is desirable.
• Experience in Excel / VBA development.
• Responsible for creating tables, perform DDL changes, complex data migration using SQL & PLSQL to facilitate seamless application development.
• Apt at writing Oracle Functions, procedures, packages & trigger.
• Experience with ETL and data integration, Data quality.
• Experience in Database Performance tuning and SQL Query Tuning and Optimization.
• Experience with all aspects of the data modeling life cycle (business/conceptual/logical/p
• Experience with Oracle Streams.
• DBA skills are a plus but not required.
• Familiarity with HA and clustered deployment topologies, integration technologies.
• Have strong written, verbal, and interpersonal, communication skills.
• Good Task and Time Management Skills.
TITLE SALARY RANGE:
HIRING RATE: $100,000
INCUMBENT RATE: $100,000
UP TO: $115,000
External applicants please visit https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov/ to apply to Job ID # 271649. Current NYC employees may apply via Employee Self Service (ESS). While all compete applications will be given consideration, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by FISA.
FISA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
New York City Residency is not required for this position.