- Union College Home
- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
Latham, NY - Posted on: Monday 09/12/16
Primary responsibilities include routine and non-routine accounting tasks including: journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, data maintenance, and other tasks related to the generation of financial statements. Entails analysis, research and reporting of information for internal and external reporting. Involves maintenance of master data, developing reports and implementing procedures in support of business needs.
- Perform period end account reconciliations (balance sheet and income statement accounts)
- Maintenance of ERP system: inputting data, coding expenses, scheduling required jobs, verifying data.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Prepare predefined or ad hoc reports for management
- Assist with preparation of financial statements and related footnotes
- Prepare periodic reports as required for third parties contracts (such as royalties, gov’t census reports)
- Month end closing journal entry preparation including accruals, prepaid, depreciation and amortization
- Assist with preparation of internal controls and both internal and external audit activities
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
May perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
Skills & Knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please visit http://angiodynamics.