- Union College Home
- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
Cambridge, MA - Posted on: Monday 05/23/16
Hi. We’re HubSpot.
HubSpot is the world’s leading inbound marketing and sales platform. Over 18,000 customers in more than 90 countries use HubSpot’s software, services, and support to transform the way they attract, engage, and delight customers.
A global company with offices in Cambridge, MA, Portsmouth, NH, Dublin, Ireland, Sydney, Australia, Singapore, and soon to be Tokyo, HubSpot transforms how organizations market and sell. Through its unique approach to company culture, HubSpot has also redefined how people work and live. Our commitment to autonomy, flexibility, and transparency prompted the creation of our Culture Code, which has gone viral, amassing more than 2M views. Ensuring that our customers and employees are continually growing and learning has helped make HubSpot a Best Place to Work in the eyes of Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, Inc. The Boston Globe, and the Boston Business Journal.
If you are looking for a place where you’ll tackle big problems alongside some of the most talented and dynamic people you’ve ever worked with, HubSpot might just be the place for you. Join us! #inboundjobs
The Accounting team is responsible for preparing the balance sheet, income statement and statement of cash flows on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to facilitate senior management making sound business decisions based on financial results and to report quarterly and annual financial results to investors and to the SEC.
The team also ensures compliance with the financial controls aspect of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and works side by side with the Financial Planning and Analysis group to analyze budgeted vs. actual financial results on a monthly basis.
- Perform month end closing activities and reconciliations for various accounts/processes including domestic cash reconciliations, fixed asset rollforwards, and other assets and liabilities
- Reconcile corporate card activity and prepare expense report accrual
- Prepare GL entries and maintain supporting records and files
- Calculate reseller commission payments and assist with quarterly payment process
- Coordinate cash applications process with our third party cash applications firm, accounting and collections teams
- Manage inquiry mail in-box from reseller network
- Assist with preparing documentation for income tax provision and tax returns
- Assist with monthly/quarterly/annual balance sheet and P&L fluxes
- Prepare documentation/support needed for SOX compliance
- Assist FP&A with explaining budget v. actual variances
- Assisting with special projects as needed, such as system implementations, office openings and set-up, etc.
- Assist with preparation of audit and review packages for external auditors
- Accounting degree from college or university
- Planned path to obtain CPA license
- 0-2 years of experience in accounting
- Willingness to “roll-up the sleeves” and get things done
- Self-driven, self-starter, goal oriented, and someone who can work independently
- Strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate
- Experience with NetSuite is preferred but not required
- Must be proficient in Excel
Please visit http://www.hubspot.com/jobs/apply?gh_jid=215076