Albany, NY - Posted: 11/01/16 | SHARE:
About University at Albany:
Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergraduate and graduate education, research and public service engages a diverse student body of more than 17,300 students in eight schools and colleges across three campuses.
Located in Albany, New York, New York State's capital, the University is convenient to Boston, New York City and the Adirondacks.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director for Mail Services & Rapid Copy Center, Institutional Services, the Staff Assistant is responsible for managing the floor operations of Mail Services and Rapid Copy. Staff Assistant will be familiar with current mail guidelines and regulations, including but not limited to USPS guidelines and regulations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Reviewing daily staff assignments to ensure adequate coverage and preparing and processing performance programs and evaluations, and rectifying personnel issues.
Administrative Responsibilities: Inventory management of stock and supplies, support to all operational software systems, personnel transactions and training, monitor and reconcile data from various accounts, and communication with interested parties.
Customer Service: Addressing the needs of all members of the University community through all forms of communication; correspondence with mail services and printing service vendors.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization with three years of progressively responsible experience in copying/printing and/or mail services environment; or five to seven years of progressively responsible experience in copying/printing and/or mail services environment in lieu of the bachelor's degree
- Supervisory experience
- Strong organizational, decision making and communication skills
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Certifications in relevant field.
- Experience working as a supervisor in a customer service environment.
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant - SL-2
Closing date for applications will be December 1, 2016.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=7606
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- List of three work-related references including person's name, phone number and professional relationship to you
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your U-Albany Careers Account to check your completed application.