Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 09/16/16
PLUMP ENGINEERING, INC. is an Architectural M.P.E., Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering and Land Survey firm. Through our unique combination of in-house design and engineering services leveraged with the capabilities of our consultant partners, we provide one-stop, full service project delivery for our clients.
Our experienced and skilled staff of designers , engineers and project managers are well versed in multiple project categories such as:
Our mission is to provide quality service at a competitive price with responsiveness to your schedule. We pride ourselves on our professional approach and attention to detail.
Plump Engineering, Inc. uses state-of-the-art AutoCAD equipment ensuring the highest quality throughout the design process. We have a well-deserved reputation for providing our customers with economical and practical design.
Senior Structural Engineer
We are seeking a structural engineer with 3-5 years of experience engineering buildings. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of the building code and structural design of wood framed structures. BS in Civil or Structural engineering required (other degrees need not apply). This department provides consulting structural engineering services related to vertical building construction in coordination with in-house architects, electrical engineers and other disciplines. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sufficient working / conceptual knowledge of structural engineering to utilize computer programs and spreadsheets to calculate gravity load and lateral load systems including joists, beams, girders, shear walls, hold downs, diaphragms, chords, and drags.
- Working knowledge of structural design in wood, masonry, steel, and concrete, with a focus on wood.
- Computer skills: Windows environment, Outlook, Excel, Word, Enercalc, Risa 3D, AutoCAD.
- Capacity to layout framing for non-stacked wood framed buildings (two stories minimum, three preferred). Layout capacity shall include roof framing with trusses or 2x's, floor framing with I-joists or 2x's, and conventionally reinforced foundations.
- Capacity to visualize and detail unique connections of wood to wood and wood to steel members while satisfying engineering requirements in a construction friendly manner.
- Communicate effectively with senior engineers, architects, and construction personnel.
The successful candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- B.S. in Structural Engineering, masters preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years experience.
- Registered professional Engineer in New York.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Prior project management and supervisory experience.
Additional preferred qualifications include the following:
Submit resume to Melissa Petalas, firstname.lastname@example.org