Substance Abuse Counselor
London, Morehead, Frankfort, and Barbourville KY - Posted on: Wednesday 07/27/16
If you are looking for a career where you can make a difference in someone's life, SelfRefind might be the right place for you! Check out our website below for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!
SelfRefind is seeking a Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor for the Morehead, KY clinic location. If you are a licensed counselor looking to make a difference in a patient's life, this maybe the right opportunity for you!
SelfRefind encourages caring and compassionate licensed counselors to apply for this position. The Counselor's responsibilities include, but are not limited, the following:
- Provide comfort care and counseling to patients.
- Provide patient education and observance of induction medication timing.
- Ensure accountability of treatment program and patient compliance.
- Conduct initial and ongoing patient information collection.
- Assist patients in creating realistic goals toward achieving freedom from addiction.
- Act as a clinic resource and assure compliance with HIPPA and CFR42 Part 2 regulations.
Successful candidates are candidates who have excellent verbal and written communication skills, possess an ability to use independent judgement, have the ability to assist patients in the change process while developing therapeutic relationships with patients, and have the ability to compassionately work with individuals from all backgrounds in a nondiscriminatory manner.
Required Education, Licensure, Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in a human services field (psychology, sociology, social work, family studies, human services, counseling, nursing, or another human service degree program related to working with individuals with substance use disorders.)
- Minimum of 1 year of full-time employment working in a human services setting OR Master's Degree in behavioral science, as defined above.
- REQUIRED:Kentucky- Licensure or certification in medical health or social services field including but not limited to CSW, LCSW, LPCC, LPCA, LMFT.
Typical shifts are 8-10 hours. Flexibility for weekday, weekend, holiday, and evening hours is required. Some travel may be required.