Albany, NY - Posted on: Friday 09/16/16
Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you thrive in a fast-pace, team orientated environment? We are looking for a rare breed, someone who is technically savvy and has outstanding customer service skills to join our amazing Support team!
As a Product Support Specialists you will work in a customer support environment with an emphasis on responsiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction. You will be providing support for the Autotask software suite over the phone and in electronic communications. You will be responsible to answer system questions, and troubleshoot to resolve or properly escalate all incoming support incidents. You will be expected to deliver the highest level of service in the industry.
A Day In the Life of an Autotask Product Support Specialist:
- Build ongoing relationships with customers.
- Answer system questions and provide workflow and implementation best practices when necessary.
- Troubleshoot to resolve or properly escalate support incidents.
- Staff the Help Desk phones per your schedule.
- Call customers as needed as you manage their incident.
- Answer escalated phone calls as needed.
- Review potential defects for accuracy and ticket quality for submission to Engineering.
- Create articles for our customer facing knowledge base, when related information is not present
- Develop and maintain advanced knowledge of Autotask products, integrations and the supporting technologies.
- Work with Engineering teams to correct customer issues.
- Maintain the ticket backlog in accordance to the ongoing communication service level agreement.
- Recognize trends within reported issues and identify potential user concerns to determine a root cause and/or workarounds for customers.
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Information Technology preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Network Certification preferred.
- Ability to work a pre-scheduled company holiday(s) when needed.
- Candidates should have a demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies and applying general and industry specific business knowledge in a fast paced, analytical and team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to utilize resources effectively to troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues quickly.
- Experience managing and responding to multiple issues in the same time period.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows operating system.
- An understanding of Apple Mac OSX/LINUX operating system(s)
- Experience with RMM technologies preferred but not required.
- Some scripting skills would be advantageous; batch files, VB Script, Powershell etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to appease frustrated or angry customers in a positive, sympathetic, and diplomatic way.
- Ability to approach support issues from a training perspective when required.
We are always seeking motivated and talented professionals to join our globally growing team. If you are interested in learning more, please visit www.autotask.com.
Autotask is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Autotask about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Autotask via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Autotask; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Autotask as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.