- Becker Career Center
- Surplus Program Manager, University of Wisconsin-Platteville, Platteville, WI
Surplus Program Manager
Platteville, WI - Posted: 12/02/16 | SHARE:
Job Details: The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is seeking applicants for a part-time (80%) fully-benefited position of Surplus Program Manager to manage the Pioneer Restore program. Pioneer Restore is the campus cost recovery program created in 2013 to manage and sell surplus inventory, or state owned property that is no longer needed on campus. This position reports to the Sustainability Coordinator and is expected to begin January, 2017.
This position will be responsible for overseeing and growing the program, including all aspects of program oversight, including but not limited to: item intake, inventory tracking item sorting and pricing, determining best sale method and pricing, handling funds and customer service, managing a crew of 3-6 students at any given time, and complying with all relevant local and state regulations and policies. Responsibilities also include identifying potential markets and promoting the program internally and externally to build customer base.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, enrolls about 8,000 students in 42 baccalaureate and 6 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
- Market research experience;
- Experience managing online auction sales;
- Supervisory experience;
- Experience in efficient inventory management and control;
- Prior experience in managing cash drawers and financial transactions;
- Comfortable with technology, including computers and internet sales;
- Prior customer service experience, ability to work with many types of people;
- Prior retail or sales management experience;
- Ability to work with sensitive information and retain confidentiality;
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs.;
- Ability to become an authorized driver of campus vehicles.
- Degree in Business Management or related field.
Qualified applicants are required to submit via the university's online application system, click here: 1) a letter of application addressing each of the qualifications for the position; 2) a current resume; and 3) a list of three references (name, address and email).
To Ensure Consideration:
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by December 18, 2016.
Questions about this position may be addressed to: Amy Seeboth-Wilson, Sustainability Coordinator, (608) 342-7244, firstname.lastname@example.org