- Offices & Services
- Becker Career Center
- Alumni Jobs Bulletin
- Alumni Job Listings
- Sustainability Associate
Platteville, WI - Posted on: Friday 12/02/16
The University of Wisconsin - Platteville, Office of Sustainability is seeking applicants for a part-time Sustainability Associate. The Office of Sustainability helps UW-Platteville make efficient use of resources to benefit the people, environment, and budget of our campus and community. We are seeking qualified candidates to help provide support to the following programs: transportation systems; land management programs; energy management, and waste minimization programs. Anticipated start date is January, 2017.
The Sustainability Associate would work closely with the Coordinator to assist with implementing regular programing which will vary widely by season.
- Raising awareness among the student body of our programs, primarily our transportation programs, including utilizing Pioneer Printing and Postal Service to create print materials, visiting campus organizations and governance bodies to provide updates (occasionally at night), hanging posters, and organizing and staffing campus events;
- Training and supervising student staff, primarily in the Edible Garden, native landscaping and no-mow zones, Ditch the Dumpster (last week of each semester), and the compost program;
- Compiling and organizing monthly data in Microsoft Excel, including ridership data for the city bus and utility information (electricity, natural gas, garbage bills);
- Other administrative assistance as needed.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville, founded in 1866, enrolls about 8,000 students in 42 baccalaureate and 6 master's programs. It possesses institutional strengths in middle level education, engineering, industrial technology, agriculture, criminal justice and business. The campus is located in Southwest Wisconsin's largest and most historic community. The region offers excellent school systems, high quality medical and hospital facilities, outstanding recreational opportunities, and vibrant businesses and industries. UW-Platteville is a cultural and educational center for the Tri-State region of Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin.
- Familiarity with alternative modes transportation, including bicycling and walking;
- Experience with produce gardening, including plant selection, planting methods, weed control, and harvest techniques;
- Ability to work independently and represent the University in professional settings;
- Ability to communicate effectively to a broad range of audiences;
- Ability to manage student staff and comfort working with college students;
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and keep organized data;
- Ability to be an authorized driver of campus vehicles;
- Ability to attend occasional night meetings on campus or in Platteville.
- Bachelor's degree in sustainability, ecology, or related field.
- Familiarity with transit system terms and logistics.
- Knowledge or experience in natural land management techniques (such weed identification, prescriptive burns, pesticide application, animal grazing for weed management, and native plant planting and care).
- Familiarity with Driftless Area ecology.
Qualified applicants are required to submit via the university's online application system, click here: 1) a letter of application addressing each of the qualifications for the position; 2) a current resume; and 3) a list of three references (name, address and email).
To Ensure Consideration:
To ensure consideration, applications must be received by December 18, 2016.
Questions about this position may be addressed to: Amy Seeboth-Wilson, Sustainability Coordinator, (608) 342-7244, firstname.lastname@example.org