Posted: 10/19/16 | SHARE:
Job Purpose: Provide leadership for sustainable practice and behavior change efforts on campus. Align projects with the goals and objectives of the campus sustainability initiative and promote and coordinate the many sustainable practice activities ongoing and emerging on campus.
- Develop, plan, coordinate, and implement programs, initiatives and resources related to sustainability at Georgia Tech that result in measurable improvements in campus sustainability initiatives. Recommend new programs based on assessment of campus needs and strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate and execute campus community events and outreach activities related to promoting a culture of sustainability at GT.
- Provide a clearing-house for sustainability data, knowledge, best practices, actions & know-how at GT.
- Recommend and implement the communications plan and associated outreach methods and tools for promoting campus sustainability efforts internally and externally.
- Evaluate projects against sustainable metrics and develop sustainability reports for ranking institutions and benchmarking opportunities.
- Represent GT's sustainability programs within the Institute and to the public.
- Develop outreach and educational materials and liaise between campus partners, offices, departments, programs, classes, and student groups at GT to achieve sustainability objectives.
- Oversee success of the office internship program by recruiting, interviewing, hiring and managing student interns performing work on sustainability projects with well-defined deliverables.
The role of the Office of Campus Sustainability is to facilitate, coordinate and empower the Tech community to institutionalize sustainable behaviors and practices in all campus operational functions. Our charge is about being smart about the choices we make today and realize the benefits it has on the bottom line, community wellbeing and environment. To achieve the desired outcomes for a future state of Institution-wide sustainability, we work to:
• Establish a campus-wide culture of sustainability by incorporating sustainable practices and thinking into every aspect of campus life
• Share values, goals, measures and implementation strategies across the primary functions of the Institute
• Meet people where they are on their sustainable journey and help them recognize their role in creating sustainable outcomes
• Encourage collaboration across administrative departments, academics, research, athletics and community partners
• Measure, track and report progress toward sustainability goals and communicate results clearly and transparently
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Sciences, Sustainability, Communications, Policy, Business, Education or Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work Experience: Two to five years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, be detail oriented, and manage time effectively amidst shifting priorities. Ability to organize meetings, facilitate groups and special events. Ability to evaluate process effectiveness and develop change or alternatives. Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment. Knowledge of office related computer applications such as Office Suite, Mailchimp, Wordpress, Photoshop, and Drupal. Strong communication skills including writing and public speaking.
- Preferred Education: Master's degree in business, policy, environmental sciences, or related field.
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Strong organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks, work independently, be detail oriented, manage time effectively amidst shifting priorities. Ability to organize meetings, facilitate groups and special events. Ability to evaluate process effectiveness and develop change or alternatives. Ability to self-motivate, multi-task and to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment. Expertise with word processing, Excel, presentation software, Mailchimp, Wordpress, Photoshop and website management skills. Strong communication skills including writing and public speaking.
Additional Information: **Successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please visit http://www.policylibrary.gatech.edu/pre-employment-screening to obtain GT's background and credit policy.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: staff, students and faculty. This position typically will advise and counsel: staff, students and faculty. This position will supervise: N/A