Posted: 04/17/17 | SHARE:
The Telecommunications Administrator is responsible for providing support to clients of the University, processing work orders and incidents in Pinnacle and/or Footprints, coordinating technician workload, and project managing the provisioning of telephone services for new and/or renovated buildings. This position supports the UAlbany telecommunications wiring infrastructure, working with Enterprise Network Infrastructure project management and other departments across ITS to facilitate the delivery of all assigned projects on schedule, and with customers' expected deliverables in adherence to the standards and best practices established across ITS. This is a two-year, temporary position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Consult with customers requesting telephone, cable television (TV) work and/or repairs; clearly and accurately documenting all such requests
- Process all work orders and trouble tickets through the ITS ticketing system and the tele-management database system
- Provision services for the University's voice network and voice mail systems, i.e. analog, digital and VoIP telephone features, switchboard, network configuration, customer data, etc.
- Maintain customer billing database
- Function as project coordinator; schedule, coordinate and track telephone related work and trouble ticket activity with the customer(s) and telephone and data technicians
- Maintain the tele-management software system which includes the following:
- Voice service orders
- Voice trouble reports
- Voice cable records
- Voice inventory for telephony related services
- Voice network port usage and availability
- Inventory of telephone terminal equipment
- University switchboard directory
- Billing and recharges for many IT services
- Other IT services
- Assess and provide training based upon individual and/or departmental needs; training includes telephone system, voice mail feature programming, access and use of the tele-management system
- Develop and provide relevant training documentation and user manuals
- Work with the Enterprise Network Infrastructure project management team to assist in facilitating the work associated with the assigned portfolio of projects, project plans, project teams, and project collaboration
- Responsible for learning and understanding technical specifications and hardware and software products within assigned scope of work responsibilities
- Responsible for escalating work related needs/concerns associated with all assigned tasks in a clear, professional and comprehensive manner both verbally and in writing
- As assigned, assist senior staff with special projects and studies
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Knowledge of telecommunications environments and services including network resources, and cabling infrastructure
- Excellent customer service skills
- Commitment to service
- Collaborative and cooperative approach to leadership and management
- Organizational, analytic, and problem solving skills
- Initiative, creativity, and motivational skills
- Speaking, listening, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of vendors, service providers, and regulatory agencies
- Ability to facilitate productive meetings and work successfully in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in complex situations
- A Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Minimum of one (1) year telecommunication customer service experience with both voice and data networks; customer service experience includes working with a variety of customers and/or vendors, independently consulting with customers to determine their needs, provisioning of services through completion, acting as the customer's single point of contact
- Minimum of one (1) year computer experience with Microsoft software
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; writing skills will be assessed by application materials submitted
- Applicants must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Two (2) years of telecommunications customer service experience with voice network
- Two (2) years data network customer service experience
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Senior Staff Assistant, SL-3
Special Notes: This is a two-year assignment in an at-will position.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing date for receipt of applications: April 28, 2017
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=82716
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
- List of three professional references with contact information
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your UAlbany Careers Account to check your completed application.