- Becker Career Center
- Testing Coordinator, Disability Resource Center, University at Albany, Albany, NY
Posted: 04/17/17 | SHARE:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate accommodation services for Disability Resource Center (DRC) students including test scheduling, test reading, proctoring, speech to text/interpretation services, etc
- Hire, train and supervise student staff working within the Alternative Testing Program
- Act as a liaison with Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) and New York State Correctional Officers & Police Benevolent Association (NYSCOPBA) to hire students for tutoring and note taking
- Complete and maintain files and records related to student information; responsible for data entry and reporting of correct and accurate information; maintain various documentation including requests for accommodations
- Coordinate requests for alternate media including sending requests to vendors or publishers for alternative text
- Maintain assistive technology lending program; responsible for provision and retrieval of digital recorders, headsets, and Live Scribe recording pen
- Assist DRC students with the use of assistive reading/writing software
- Assist with record keeping and data collection as it relates to the DRC testing program
- Provide information to prospective students about services and programs available
- Reserve rooms for testing program
- Represent DRC at open houses, orientation, information sessions, etc
- Plan and coordinate events such as Recipe for Success High School Transition Conference, as well as office sponsored events
- Represent the DRC on committees within the Division of Student Affairs and throughout the campus community
- Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Basic Knowledge of ADA, 504, ADAAA
- Ability to work with diverse populations with different communication styles
Professional Rank and Salary Range: Staff Assistant, SL-2
Closing date for applications is May 6, 2017.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, or Clery Act, mandates that all Title IV institutions, without exception, prepare, publish and distribute an Annual Security Report. This report consists of two basic parts: disclosure of the University's crime statistics for the past three years; and disclosures regarding the University's current campus security policies. The University at Albany's Annual Security Report is available in portable document format [PDF] by clicking this link http://police.albany.edu/ASR.shtml
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE UNIVERSITY AT ALBANY IS AN EO/AA/IRCA/ADA EMPLOYER
Please apply online via http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=83082Application Instructions:
Applicants MUST submit the following documents:
- Cover letter stating all the required minimum qualifications and any of the applicable preferred qualifications
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.